More than 40 years as a civil trial lawyer with an emphasis on litigating and counseling in complex commercial disputes. Clients included Major League Baseball, major accounting firms, financial institutions, manufacturing concerns and not-for-profit organizations. Amounts in controversy ranged from low six-figures to claims involving $100s of millions. Typical matters included:
- Sports law issues including representation of a professional sports league and individual clubs in litigation and negotiations involving other leagues and clubs, vendors and government agencies on matters including contractual obligations, sponsorship and licensing, trademark issues, antitrust and other regulatory issues;
- Employment disputes including claims for wrongful discharge, discrimination, violations of wages and hours laws, violations of non-competition agreements and unfair competition;
- Individually negotiated employer/employee issues including executive compensation and amounts of pay owed upon termination;
- Financial services, manufacturing, and insurance disputes involving allegations of breach of contract, fraud and securities law, including disputes in the bankruptcy courts;
- Accountants liability disputes including claims for audit and tax malpractice.
© 2017, Robert Kheel Law